We take a leap forward in our endeavour to simplify personal finance with the launch of Kuvera Protect, our umbrella of insurance solutions. Under Kuvera Protect, we will attempt to innovate and fulfil the various insurance needs of our customers. The first product out of the stables is group health insurance designed for Kuvera users. Launched with Bharti AXA, one of India’s leading insurers, as the underwriter(insurer), this is a basket of group health insurance solutions that together are designed to be affordable, comprehensive, and for the family.
Health insurance is one of the important pillars of an individual’s insurance portfolio. It helps you to deal with unanticipated health crises that could otherwise be a drain on your financial resources.
There are three group insurance solutions:
1. Group Health Assure: This is a base cover that provides cashless protection in case of medical emergencies.
2. Super Top Up: An add-on cover. It kicks in after the base cover limit is exceeded.
3. Daily Cash Allowance: An add-on fixed benefit solution. It provides you a daily cash allowance for each day of hospitalization. Hence, it helps to take care of expenses occurring outside the base policy.
Kuvera users can choose any one or more of the above group health solutions depending upon their requirements.
How does it work?
Many of you may be familiar with employer-provided health insurance covers. This is a similar solution except in this case, the group comprises of Kuvera clients. We follow a similar group policy structure where Kuvera is the master policyholder and Bharti AXA is the underwriter(insurer) and Kuvera users as members who can opt-in for the specific group health insurance solutions that are relevant to them.
So unlike your employer-provided group health cover that ceases when you change jobs, you can continue to enjoy coverage as long as you choose to stay enrolled in the program.
And before you ask, Covid-19 is covered.
Further, the premium paid towards this cover qualifies for tax benefits under Sec 80 D.
Who is eligible?
These group insurance policies are available for resident Kuvera users and their family members aged below 65 Year.
Can my family be included?
Absolutely, the policy structure allows you to add your spouse and up to 2 children. So you can enrol as a family and enjoy coverage under the selected group insurance policies. You can also enrol other family members after adding them through a family account. You can enrol your parents, if below the age of 65, for Kuvera Health Protect separately.
What is the cost?
Much lesser. This is also because the group policy structure naturally brings down the cost. Since pricing depends on the age of the senior-most applicant, you can check the price applicable to you and your family here. It is relevant to re-iterate here that group health insurance is not the same as retail health insurance products that you can purchase off the shelf from insurance agents or the insurer directly. Any health insurance product should be evaluated on the basis of coverage amount, exclusions, waiting period, pre-existing disease coverage, policy continuity and only after that, the cost or the premium payable.
Summary of benefits:
1. No room rent capping: Get a single A/C room across all hospital chains in India.
2. No treatment capping: There is no capping on any specific type of treatment. Everything is up to the sum insured.
3. No co-payment: You don’t have to spend anything on the treatment. Absolutely zero cost-sharing.
4. Lowest waiting period: Get your pre-existing and specific illness covered within 2 years.
5. AYUSH covered: Insurer will cover Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy up to the full sum insured.
6. 30-day settlement guarantee: Insurer will pay 2% monthly bonus if the accepted claim is not settled within 30 days.
To learn more and to get started today, you can visit https://kuvera.in/explore/insure/health
Interested in how we think about the markets?
Read more: Zen And The Art Of Investing
Watch/hear on YouTube: