Data discoveries of the week. This week we look at yearly return of US stock market, a chart on Total Expensive Ratio in regular plans, world’s top 10 valuable brands and more.
1. We run a weekly poll on Twitter to gauge investor sentiment on the market movement. For the first time, more retail investors expect a 1,000 points fall in NIFTY to happen first.
For the first time since I started this poll in July, more than 50% of retail investors expect a 1,000 points fall in Nifty to 16,807 to happen first. #nifty50 @Kuvera_In https://t.co/G9N9nzTBCN pic.twitter.com/teXcEUJgIy
— Gaurav Rastogi (@rustapharian) December 27, 2022
2. Yearly returns of the US stock market every year since 1928 and the returns 6 months prior to recession, during, and after.
Returns during recession: pic.twitter.com/KuiEZFOMK7
— Gaurav Kumar (@gauravphoenix) December 26, 2022
3. Wondered how much of Total Expense Ratio (TER) is commission in regular plans? See here
85% of TER paid out as commission share for new NFOs this FY. pic.twitter.com/7uwjNtAm6l
— Gaurav Rastogi (@rustapharian) December 26, 2022
4. A look at budget deficits across countries
— Gaurav Rastogi (@rustapharian) December 25, 2022
5. The story of Lithium production in one graphic
The recent rise in EV adoption has sent lithium production to new highs 📈
The lightweight metal plays a key role in the cathodes of all types of lithium-ion batteries that power EVs.
— Elements (@VCElements) December 26, 2022
6. US mortgage rate since 1971
Good news: the 30-year US mortgage rate has moved from 7.08% to 6.27% over the last 6 weeks, an 81 bps decline.
Bad news: the 30-year US mortgage has moved from 3.11% to 6.27% in 2022, the largest annual increase (+316 bps) on record.
(note: data goes back to 1971) pic.twitter.com/SWsulFc1OZ
— Charlie Bilello (@charliebilello) December 23, 2022
7. US Consumer Sentiment Index vs Consumer Expectations Index by Uni. of Michigan.
Final read for December UMich Consumer Sentiment Index revised up to 59.7 vs. 59.2 prior … expectations revised up to 59.9 vs. 58.4 prior pic.twitter.com/sVdC2a5hRy
— Liz Ann Sonders (@LizAnnSonders) December 23, 2022
8. The most valuable brands in 2022
— Visual Capitalist (@VisualCap) December 27, 2022
9. Change in share of wage needed for 2 square meals a day in India
— Harish Krishnan,CFA (@hktg13) December 25, 2022
10. The market cap of Big Tech is drastically down from it’s peak in Jan 2022.
The market cap of Big Tech is down a whopping USD 4.63 TRILLION(!), or 41%, from its peak. pic.twitter.com/f3ZoUzwmdj
— jeroen blokland (@jsblokland) December 21, 2022
11. We always ask you to play the long game, here’s why👇
When in doubt, zoom out, relax, ignore the noise, and carry on with your investments.
That's the secret for 19x to 30x return in a little over 22 years.
— Kuvera (@Kuvera_In) December 23, 2022
Interested in how we think about the markets?
Read more: Zen And The Art Of Investing
Watch here: Kuvera Insights: All about Quant Funds with experts
Start investing through a platform that brings goal planning and investing to your fingertips. Visit kuvera.in to discover Direct Plans and Fixed Deposits and start investing today. #MutualFundSahiHai #KuveraSabseSahiHai