Data discoveries of the week, presented in charts. This week we look data about gender distribution in India’s MF industry, India’s growth in production of milk, crude oil and smartwatch shipments. We also look at data on the US debt ceiling over the years and more.
- Among the new entrants, women’s participation in the MF industry has increased in the past 5 years. 💁
— Kuvera (@Kuvera_In) May 29, 2023
2. India’s crude steel capacity is vital to fuel it’s $5 Trillion economy ambitions
Global crude steel output slipped in 2022 to 1.87 bn tons, down 4.2% from last year, 1st decline in 7 years.
— Kuvera (@Kuvera_In) May 30, 2023
3. Celebrating World Milk Day, we take a look at India’s remarkable journey to become the world’s largest milk producer. 🥛🐄
In the 1950s and 60s, despite having one of the largest cattle populations 🐄🐮 in the world, India's milk production was one of the lowest in the world. This is when 'Operation Flood' headed by Varghese Kurien was initiated which showed incredible results. Today, India is the… pic.twitter.com/9sYvzS3PIQ
— Kuvera (@Kuvera_In) June 2, 2023
4. House prices in India see strongest YoY growth in over two years
House prices in India increased by 4.6% YoY, on average, during the March quarter. This is sharply higher than the 2.8% growth during the previous quarter and is the strongest growth since the December quarter of 2018. #India #HousePrices #RealEstate #Housing pic.twitter.com/76rB74ao2x
— IndiaDataHub (@IndiaDataHub) June 2, 2023
5. Everyone has been talking about US’s debt ceiling, here’s how it has increased in the past 👇
— Visual Capitalist (@VisualCap) May 30, 2023
6. World’s most valuable banks 🏦 from 2019 to 2023
— Visual Capitalist (@VisualCap) June 2, 2023
7. Americans estimate their annual requirement, Comparison (2013 – 2023)
Latest survey from @Gallup shows Americans (on average) estimate that a family of four needs minimum income of $85k annually to "get by" … considerable increase from a decade ago ($58k); and over same timeframe, share thinking they need $100k has tripled pic.twitter.com/2NACTyQCta
— Liz Ann Sonders (@LizAnnSonders) May 26, 2023
8. Keep your friends close folks! 🫂
Gallup data in a recent @FT article shows that the number of close friendships has declined over the past few decades. A recent report by the US surgeon general warned about the increase in loneliness and its threat to physical and mental health. https://t.co/vtjmtYArif pic.twitter.com/4wIyXT3h0M
— Gallup (@Gallup) May 16, 2023
9. Interesting report on work from home in the US.
In 2023, the “Great Global Work-From-Home Experiment” will likely find its equilibrium. Approximately 56% of U.S. full-time employees are remote-capable, and about half of those employees are now working as hybrid workers. https://t.co/VYSgKOgQHT pic.twitter.com/POp8bxyPQU
— Gallup (@Gallup) April 30, 2023
10. Food inflation in the UK continues to 📈
UK shop price inflation reached its highest rate for at least 18 years in May, despite the pace of food price growth marginally easing, according to new sector data https://t.co/6hX3Ti8LWd pic.twitter.com/BqT1w9Y9aD
— Financial Times (@FinancialTimes) May 30, 2023
11. Is cash still king? 💸
If you thought cash was losing its place to UPI, think again.
Data from CMS (India's largest ATM management co) shows that average ATM refills in India were up 10.1% in FY23 (₹1.35 cr/month/ATM).
— Tanay Sukumar (@TanaySukumar) May 24, 2023
12. India might ban all diesel cars in an effort to phase out fossil fuel powered vehicles.
India's most populous cities (population 1 million+) have 5.5 million diesel cars in all, shows data compiled from 111 RTOs by @ManjulPaul.
— Tanay Sukumar (@TanaySukumar) May 26, 2023
13. Cost of Buying vs Renting 🏚️ in the US since 1970
14. Since everyone is talking about AI…
— jeroen blokland (@jsblokland) June 2, 2023
15. While we are talking about AI, how can we skip Nvidia?
Interested in how we think about the markets?
Read more: Zen And The Art Of Investing
Watch here: All about Sectoral and Thematic Funds
Start investing through a platform that brings goal planning and investing to your fingertips. Visit kuvera.in to discover Direct Plans and Fixed Deposits and start investing today. #MutualFundSahiHai #KuveraSabseSahiHahttps://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1658563009034297344