Data discoveries of the week. We look at India’s share in the World GDP, its mobile data consumption, nations leading the global unicorn race, the most popular apps worldwide in 2021, how we could be experiencing the best credit environment and much more.
- Our nation currently ranks as the 6th largest economy in the world.
India's share of world GDP and it's ranking of GDP in world
(Data source from World Bank) pic.twitter.com/XP1VSa6l4F
— Harish Krishnan,CFA (@hktg13) November 27, 2022
2. The U.S. manufacturing/industrial construction sector has been witnessing a boom lately, fuelling recession suspicions further.
The Natural Resources, Foreign Trade, Mega Projects Connection – #Charts #Commentary https://t.co/dI2H0ZI1qk #economy #banking #business #developers #steel #lumber #cement #recession #inflation #ConstructConnx @ConstructConnx @DCN_Canada pic.twitter.com/l9lfSDWQxG
— Alex Carrick (@Alex_Carrick) November 29, 2022
3. It turns out the world sends 100 billion messages over WhatsApp daily.
How the world uses social media platforms every day. Take a look at these daily numbers across WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Reddit.#SocialMedia pic.twitter.com/3pUOdx21Z8
— Kuvera (@Kuvera_In) November 28, 2022
4. The USA’s still remains firmly ahead of other nations when it comes to the number of unicorns produced.
Today’s Infographic: Nations Leading the Global Unicorn Race
🇺🇸 USA – 618
🇨🇳 China – 175
🇮🇳 India – 105
🇩🇪 Germany – 29
Data Source – @Inc42 pic.twitter.com/KHabA739xB
— FinMedium.com – Investing Made Easy (@FinMedium) November 29, 2022
5. A quick look at how Biden’s fortune was no worse than other Democrat leaders before him.
— Soniya Sinha (@SoniyaS28427510) November 28, 2022
6. We find out why mobile data consumption in India is increasing
Indians are consuming 100 times more mobile data than they did 6 years ago.
Mobile data consumption per user per month (GB)
2022: 16.4 GB
2016: 0.14 GB (115x times)
Price per 1 GB data
Cost of 1 GB mobile data is 1/20th of what it was. pic.twitter.com/AVtgpyZwOU
— Stats of India (@Stats_of_India) November 30, 2022
7. As the conversation on SIP investments eating into luxury car sales heated up after a comment by a senior Mercedes-Benz official, we ran a poll to gauge the sentiment. Here’s what the results were: Y-E-S to SIPs!
"SIPs eating into luxe car sales: Mercedes Benz"
Will you take the money you have saved for a luxury purchase and instead invest the same into long term SIP?
— Kuvera (@Kuvera_In) November 28, 2022
8. It seems 2023 might be the year we overtake China in the population race.
For years, India has been on track to overtake China as the world’s most populated country 🇮🇳
This piece by @pablo_alvrez is part of VC's Creator Program, featuring work from the world’s top data-driven talent ✅
Find out more below:https://t.co/3I6ml0QPsO pic.twitter.com/HUBs0Xx0qy
— Visual Capitalist (@VisualCap) November 23, 2022
9. How the world uses social media platforms everyday
Everything connected to the internet takes bandwidth to view 📲
When you look at something on your smartphone, your device is downloading the data in the background.
In this chart, we break down The World’s Most Used Apps, by Downstream Traffic in 2021:https://t.co/ejE3TZgcVq pic.twitter.com/VzVKdaVo90
— Visual Capitalist (@VisualCap) November 27, 2022
10. Okay but, could now really be the best credit environment in history? Data on current US bank’ net charge-offs suggest so.
"Net charge-offs at US banks are at record lows, indicating the best credit environment in history." – BofA pic.twitter.com/eJY7SrTK0p
— Sam Ro 📈 (@SamRo) November 29, 2022
11. Finally some good news on the inflation front; fertilizer prices in North America have been at its lowest levels since September after peaking in March.
A huge positive trend on the inflation front that hopefully continues: fertilizer prices peaked in late March and are down 40% since, now at the lowest levels since September 2021. Great news given their high correlation to food prices. pic.twitter.com/uMVWYYRWgD
— Charlie Bilello (@charliebilello) November 26, 2022
Interested in how we think about the markets?
Read more: Zen And The Art Of Investing
Start investing through a platform that brings goal planning and investing to your fingertips. Visit kuvera.in to discover Direct Plans and Fixed Deposits and start investing today.
#MutualFundSahiHai #KuveraSabseSahiHai! #PersonalFinance