Data discoveries of the week. This week we compare India’s economic growth to that of developed nations, the resilience of Indian Rupee, majority of the world experiencing double digits inflation rate and more.
1. A four-decade comparison of India’s growth vs advanced economies.
Growth in advanced countries and India pic.twitter.com/8pTOu7PCvZ
— Dharmakirti Joshi (DK) (@EconomistDK) November 3, 2022
2. The resilience of the Indian Rupee in one chart
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das today said that the story of the Indian rupee has been one of India’s resilience and stability.
This chart will show you why!#RBI #RBIMPC #RBIMonetaryPolicy #ShaktikantaDas #Rupee pic.twitter.com/Ksl6VRmupC
— Markets Today (@marketsday) December 7, 2022
3. Some stats on the Indian Crypto scene by Harish Krishnan. In FY 22, India added 2 cr unique users on crypto apps. For context roughly we had the same number of new investors in stock markets, and 1.2 Cr unique investors in the MF industry in 12 months ending June 2022.
First, roughly there are 3cr+ unique installs of crypto apps in India. In FY 22 alone, 2 cr unique Indians got into crypto-verse. This compares to 2cr new investors in stock mkts (src:NSE) and 1.2cr unique investors in MF industry (12month ending June 22)! pic.twitter.com/WHzlUAJESN
— Harish Krishnan,CFA (@hktg13) December 4, 2022
4. Another one. This is a trendline showing India’s share of global new installs of Crypto apps. Notice the lockdown surge.
Coming to India,appears from a global "market share" of new installs, was 2-3% pre demon'n, spiked in 12 months post demon'n bfr settling bk at 2-3% mkt share…& Then lockdown worked its magic… pic.twitter.com/zaQAmr3Y0V
— Harish Krishnan,CFA (@hktg13) December 4, 2022
5. The incredible illiquidity of FTX balance sheet, once one of the world’s largest crypto exchanges
Looking at FTX’s financials in isolation, it’s almost impossible to understand how one of crypto’s largest exchanges ended up with such a lopsided & illiquid balance sheet 📑
We’ve visualized Sam Bankman-Fried’s leaked FTX balance sheet.
See full piece:https://t.co/dkPGPVPNdf pic.twitter.com/NLLJFkncLL
— Visual Capitalist (@VisualCap) December 6, 2022
6. Did you know that almost half of the countries in the world are seeing double-digit inflation rates?
Geopolitical tensions are triggering high energy costs, while supply-side disruptions are also distorting consumer prices 📈
The result is that almost half of countries worldwide are seeing double-digit inflation rates or higher.
Learn more below:https://t.co/TP4RQVU1BN pic.twitter.com/jotUOAG4eo
— Elements (@VCElements) December 6, 2022
7. Amidst increasing chatter on recession, this data from US Bureau of Labour Statistics, the US job market is still quite robust.
Not Much Wrong with Nov's US Labor Market Report – #Charts #Commentary https://t.co/qHHO0mXQ1M #economy #construction #banking #business #developers #steel #lumber #cement #inflation #recession #ConstructConnx @ConstructConnx @DCN_Canada pic.twitter.com/d7D1cLOQTt
— Alex Carrick (@Alex_Carrick) December 5, 2022
8. Price of Crude Oil fell steadily after March highs, now almost at the same levels as 1 Jan.
Crude Oil is now down 1% on the year after being up over 60% at its peak in March. Sharp reversal that is mirroring the back half of 2008 when commodity prices plummeted as the global recession deepened.
Charting via @ycharts pic.twitter.com/5gyhRUWBXi
— Charlie Bilello (@charliebilello) December 7, 2022
9. This incredible chart shows the dramatic fall of important supply chain indicators in the US, like used car prices, supplier delivery time, petrol and more.
Key supply chain indicators continue to fall dramatically … across spectrum of most-watched data, used car prices in particular have tanked and z-score has fallen into negative territory year/year
@DataArbor @Bloomberg pic.twitter.com/8jWcpkc9sR
— Liz Ann Sonders (@LizAnnSonders) December 7, 2022
10. Agriculture growth in India, broken down by verticals
Drivers of agriculture growth in India
(Data source: Ministry of agriculture) pic.twitter.com/Hca7adFUpb
— Dharmakirti Joshi (DK) (@EconomistDK) December 5, 2022
11. Distressed bonds and bad loans in US rising again after post-pandemic ease out.
The amount of US distressed bonds and loans is rising, although well below 2020 levels.
Today's issue of The Daily Shot Brief: https://t.co/rcazhytof8 pic.twitter.com/Ga1dFULsFT
— Lev Borodovsky (@thedailyshot) December 6, 2022
12. Will the RBI continue to raise rates if the FED does it?
More steam left in RBI's rate hike engine.
The US federal funds rate and the repo rate have moved parallelly in the last few years. The point being that the RBI might have to continue raising rates if the Fed does so.
In @livemint https://t.co/bx9KQcoII8 pic.twitter.com/yfA2utXD51
— शिक्षित बेरोज़गार (@kaul_vivek) December 8, 2022
Interested in how we think about the markets?
Read more: Zen And The Art Of Investing
Start investing through a platform that brings goal planning and investing to your fingertips. Visit kuvera.in to discover Direct Plans and Fixed Deposits and start investing today.
#MutualFundSahiHai #KuveraSabseSahiHai! #PersonalFinance