Data discoveries of the week. This week we look at charts on Indian startup fundings in 2022, global GDP comparison, India’s coal imports trend, UPI transactions distribution between various apps and more.
1. We looked at data on Unicorns (startups with $1B+ valuation) in India. See this thread for insights.
In 2022, India became the 3rd largest economy and crossed 100 unicorn status.🦄
A 🧵on India Unicorns & Exits Tech Report 2022 by Orion Venture Partners.
— Kuvera (@Kuvera_In) February 16, 2023
2. Here’s the chart showing the 12M trend of India’s coal imports.
India's #thermal #coal imports in January 2023 remained stable at around 10.8 million tonnes (mnt), as per #Coalmint data. However, imports increased sharply by nearly 50% y-o-y compared to 7.33 mnt in January last year https://t.co/6aWxq2Ed3t.@CoalIndiaHQ #Imports #Shipments pic.twitter.com/zfyabPZmN1
— SteelMint (@SteelMint) February 9, 2023
3. Visualising $101.6 trillion global GDP quantitatively split across the world. Just 5 nations – US, China, Japan, Germany and India make up 51% of global economic activity.
Kebanyakan world bank ma IMF pakai data makro, mikronya dia simpen jadi ni kwantitatif bukan kwalitatif pic.twitter.com/SHh6kGjp87
— LuCiFeR (@wis_ra_urus) February 9, 2023
4. In 2022, India eclipsed Japan to become the world’s 3rd largest car market.
Looking at #car sales by region in 2022, the US and Europe posted a decade low, whereas India overtook Japan to become the world’s third largest car market. #TrendForce provides detailed data on the global car market to help you grasp market trends.https://t.co/k7nej0w4e2 pic.twitter.com/mruq1uNIkX
— TrendForce (@trendforce) February 12, 2023
5. Split of UPI transaction value by apps.
Very Interesting Observation
— Ravisutanjani (@Ravisutanjani) February 13, 2023
6. Latest data by the National Statistical Office shows India’s retail inflation at 6.5% is again beyond RBI’s tolerance band.
Data released by the #NSO on February 13, pushed India’s retail #inflation beyond RBI’s tolerance zone once again in January, with the headline #CPI print coming in at 6.5%, significantly higher than the 6% value projected by a Bloomberg poll of #economists pic.twitter.com/hEDWUMDjdS
— Divya Kaur (@divya_kau) February 14, 2023
7. NASA shows proof of global warming – rising levels of CO2.
— Moi Aussi 🇬🇧🇨🇦 (@moiaussi555) February 10, 2023
8. Recession in Germany. Is it official? GDP growth data for Jan 2023.
Q4 #GDP growth estimate: -0.2%
Incoming December data after that first estimate:
– retail sales -5.3%
– industrial production -3.1%
– exports -6.3%
Q1 GDP growth estimate is now negative. pic.twitter.com/4zFhdBAgbC
— jeroen blokland (@jsblokland) February 7, 2023
9. Interest expense on US public debt reached record highs of $783 billion over the past year.
The Interest Expense on US Public Debt rose to $783 billion over the past year, a record high. If it continues to increase at the current pace it will soon be the largest line item in the Federal budget, surpassing Social Security. pic.twitter.com/K89X6hvtEo
— Charlie Bilello (@charliebilello) February 10, 2023
10. Median expectations for US household income growth recorded the biggest one-month decline.
Median expectations for household income growth fell by more than a percentage point to 3.3% in January –and recorded the steepest one-month decline since the Fed started to measure it nearly a decade agohttps://t.co/if8vkDDTe7 @WSJmarkets pic.twitter.com/7eOnqhebcQ
— Gunjan Banerji (@GunjanJS) February 13, 2023
Interested in how we think about the markets?
Read more: Zen And The Art Of Investing
Watch here: All about multi cap funds with Rahul Singh, CIO – equities, Tata Asset Management
Start investing through a platform that brings goal planning and investing to your fingertips. Visit kuvera.in to discover Direct Plans and Fixed Deposits and start investing today. #MutualFundSahiHai #KuveraSabseSahiHai